The Children Of St Giles' School Ashtead Surrey
In 1852 the original part of the present St Giles' School was built on land given by Mrs Mary Howard and erected at her expense. The school was then conveyed to the Rector of the parish and his successors for ever. This lovely old photo, taken around 1880, shows children leaving the school.
No comments posted.
Subscribe To UK Photo And
Social History Archive Blog
Recent PostsRemembering Ashtead Residents The Children Of St Giles' School Ashtead Surrey Using The 1939 Register To Research Old Photos Happy Birthday Bagpuss! Social History Is All Around Us Abandoned And Rusty Cars The Joy Of Ladybird Books Fun At The Seaside Between The Wars The Joy Of A Robin Raising Money To Build Sutton Hospital